Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 7: Famous Last Words




(Image Information: Bizzell! image from flickr)
This week was crazy busy, but I really did enjoy it! I started it off with a bang working nearly 11 hours straight. I really love my job, so it went by really fast. I get to recruit National Merit students to come to OU, so it’s really fun to help people who were in my shoes when I was a high school student and trying to choose a college and deal with applications. I am so blessed!

Sometimes I really wish that there were several of me so that I could do all of the things I really want to. I feel like there’s so much going on this weekend! There’s two retreats, several birthdays, a going away party, and, of course, I have a mountain of homework to muddle through. I decided to skip the retreats in order to be there for my friends and also be productive in school. Usually, I finish most of my work on the weekends so that I can focus on other things during the week.

Speaking of things during the week, the student ministry I am involved in had our 2nd large group of the year yesterday. It was so great! We are trying new things this year, and God has been working in amazing ways. It’s also great to be able to connect with other student ministries, connect with people of different faiths, and connect with people of different cultures. This year has gone so well, and I feel so very blessed. 

I am excited to start the review week and shake up the regular schedule a little bit. Hopefully I can get everything done this weekend in order to focus on some big tests and papers coming up! This class is a great break from some of my heavy duty study classes, so I’m really glad I chose to take this class.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your job sounds like a lot of fun! Do you go out to different high schools to meet and recruit these students? Or do you just email them in hopes that they'll agree?

    I completely understand what you mean when you say that you wish there were several of you. I wish that more often than not. I feel like there is constantly so much going on in my life and sometimes I wish I could just send one of me to one place while the other went and did something else. I feel like life offers so much and especially attending such a big University, there is ALWAYS something going on that I want to be part of, but sadly that's impossible.

    I'm proud of you for choosing to skip the retreat and give priority to school and friends. I'm happy that this year is working out so great for you. Good luck with everything this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abigal! I can totally relate to you being busy this week. I think everyone is! Being a national merit recruitment person sounds tough. I would not want to be in charge of that! Are you not going to go to OUTX? I would really recommend it!

    I think we all have some moments where we wish there were multiple of us to complete all of the tasks at hand but just try and keep your priorties straight and take a minute every once in a while to breathe and relax for a bit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abigail! I completely understand what you mean about being busy this week. I am sorry that you had to miss the retreats, though it is nice you got to spend time with your friends. Is it difficult recruiting students at times? Do you meet with them in person in hopes of bringing them to OU or do you communicate via text and email? I hope that you have a good upcoming week and that it isn't too stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure sounds like you are taking on quite the load this semester. However, you seem like the type who can handle doing just that and fully commit yourself to all of your various facets. Your job sounds like a great way to help out possible students and guide them on the right path to the best possible school choice (OU). I think this week has been pretty crazy for everyone with midterms coming up and in preparation of the OU/Texas game. Well I hope all continues to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Abigail. It's great that you enjoy your job. I don't know if I could handle working on top of my classes, so I think that it's really cool that you found a job that you can balance with school. It's also good to know that I'm not the only one that does homework on the weekends. I really liked the image that you included, but there doesn't appear to be any text for the link to your source. It looked like you had a link in the empty space though, so it doesn't really make a difference. I just thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Abigail! Love the post! Sounds like quite the week. I totally agree with you on the fact that this class really frees up some time in the week for more time consuming classes. I must say I am super impressed with how involved you are with all your extracurricular classes. I’m sure all the work you do outside the classroom makes a big difference in other peoples lives. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job! I’m really glad you enjoy it. I’m not a big “talking to people” sort of person, so I’d die in that job, but I’m super envious of your abilities. My job is kind of headed right down the dump so I’m currently looking for a new job, but I probably won’t get one until after the holidays cause I know I’ll get a ton of hours during Christmas at this one. Anyway, I hope you got everything done this week!

    ReplyDelete