Saturday, October 18, 2014

Week 9: Famous Last Words


(Image Information The movie that our dance song came from :), pic from wikipedia)

This week was so great! I was worried about balancing things because I had a Microbiology test and was also preparing for a dance performance the student ministry I'm involved in was doing. They both turned out well, I think!

The first half of my week was all studying to catch up from the long weekend. I mostly stayed at home and hung out with my family. We're all really close, so it's always nice to be home.

The dance was so fun! I've never really danced before. I'm probably the least Indian Indian girl there is-- I don't own any Indian clothes, have never seen a Bollywood movie, ect. I think my training in Tae Kwon Do might have helped me, though. The sequential movements wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I think that's the reason why I didn't fall on my face and fail :)

I also worked more than usual this week. What I do is give tours to National Merit Semifinalists who visit campus. It's pretty much (in my opinion :)) one of the best jobs on campus. I love meeting new people and telling them about why I love my school! As part of my job, I do paperwork things, call students, give personalized tours, ect. It doesn't feel like a job, which is nice. I really love the people I work with.

Hopefully, I'm on track to finish this class early, not because I want to! I have a big honors research paper due at the end of the semester, and it would be great to focus on that more. I love the storytelling assignments, and I think my favorite ones are when I write in first person. It is really fun to explore motives and inner thoughts. I'm hoping to do that with my storybook as well. Next week I'll be bringing in Rama to give his perspective on the whole banishing Sita fiasco, so that will be interesting. I'm just hoping I do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment